Sunday, November 14, 2010

Space Trippin'

2001: A Space Odyssey, a movie that shows the evolution of mankind and technology since the dawn of man. During the dawn of man, a group of ape men discovered a tall object sticking out of the ground. That discovery led to more discoveries for man. It’s when man discovered how to use weapons to harm others. Before their new technology was discovered, life was simple. Now it is the year 2001 and Dave is on a mission through space, to Jupiter in order to check out another object sticking out of the ground similar to the one discovered so long ago. Halfway through the Odyssey, Hal, the computer system, turns on Dave and things only get worse for him from then on.

Wow, I was not ready for this movie! I honestly did not know what was going on for like 40% of this movie. I thought it was pretty cool though. It’s a movie I wish I understood. I definitely had to do some research afterwards, so now I have some understanding. There was very little dialogue, but when people were having a conversation, I had no idea what they were talking about. All I know is, those ape men had some awesome angry dancing skills, the special effects were amazing, zero gravity rocks, Hal sucks, and Dave went on a hardcore space trip.

2 comments:

  1. I totally agree, I didn't know what was really going for majority of the movie either. And I like the title you have for this blog, real cool.

    ReplyDelete