Sunday, November 21, 2010

" Well, I would say that I'm just drifting. Here in the pool."

It's summer and Ben has just graduated college, still unsure of what exactly his future entails in the movie, The Graduate. His parents are expecting him to decide what he'll do, but everyone except Ben is doing all the deciding so far. Mrs. Robinson, the wife of his fathers business partner, insists that Ben take her home after his homecoming party, which turns into Ben's seduction into a short affair between the two. After ending the secret affair, Ben is forced by his parents to take Mrs. Robinson's, daughter, Elaine out on a date and he unexpectedly falls in love with her before she knows about the affair between him and her mother. Finding out what happened, Elaine takes off back to college wanting nothing to do with Ben. Now that Ben knows what he wants in life he has to work for it, work for Elaine's love and trust. At the last minute, Ben finds out that Elaine's getting married and hunts down the wedding to romantically steal her away, literally.

I have to say that I really liked this movie. It was so hilarious, everybody was laughing and I love the experience of watching a movie with a lot of other people knowing they enjoy it too. Thats what I love about seeing movies. Dustin Hoffman was hilarious all throughout the movie from beginning to end. I loved when he was just floating in the pool drinking beer... lucky! I also got super hungry when they were eating those burgers and fries, ah! Totally amazing when he fought off the angry wedding people with the cross. It was like they were all bad vampires and Ben and Elaine were the heroes. Anyways... awesome good movie!

2 comments:

  1. I thought the movie was hilarious as well.I didn't hear that many people laughing though, it felt like I was the only one enjoying the movie, but good to know I wasn't. It definitely looked like they were enjoying those burgers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well I don't know I heard people laughing more at this movie than any other movie we watched haha. But yeah, those burgers...!

    ReplyDelete