Tuesday, September 6, 2011

No Country for Old Men

I've never lived in a town where it was so obvious that they were filming. The plaza hotel stakeout scene, blowing up the car in front of the Douglas ave drug store that no longer exists in that location, I believe it's a china doll store or maybe that tanning salon. My favorite was the slow motion game of cat and mouse that was fueled and accompanied by the quickening pace of the tracking device hidden in the coveted stack of bills.  Though shot in the rain, you can still recognize those sketchy motels in the background that are between the rec. center and Pino's truck stop. I felt that I was much more involved with the movie watching it this second time around, being able to see the background of the shots and thinking to myself that I could be standing where the camera is and witnessing the scene unfolding in front of me.

Overall though, I wasn't really a fan of the movie.  I have seen it multiple times, thinking maybe it will be better the next time but I somehow fall asleep at the slow beginning of the movie.

2 comments:

  1. On the opinion of good or bad I am still on the fence as the film is concerned. However, I also felt connected to the film. Knowing key locations in the film are also key locations in our own Las Vegas, New Mexico. Connection was good opinion not to sure

    ReplyDelete
  2. Alyssa, you're not really summarizing the film or sharing your thoughts on the film beyond pointing out it was filmed in Las Vegas and that you don't like it. You don't even write why you don't like it...

    ReplyDelete