Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Shootin it up in Las Vegas

"No Country for Old Men" was...for lack of a better term "OK". I wasn't quite sure what I would be in store for when it started. The characters were believable, the storyline was interesting, the setting of course, and yes I may be biased because I grew up in and was born here in Las Vegas,New Mexico, amazing. However, the ending just well...killed the movie for me. After sitting through about an hour and a half watching Javier Bardem kill people, destroy hotel rooms and shoot out locks with a pressurized air tank, I expected the ending to be a little more......action packed? and I really can't believe the bad guy walked away.......It was an odd twist to the film,although I'm not going to complain about it. Otherwise, besides the ending I really liked the movie, and it made me happy to be able to see my hometown in the background of the film. I remember watching them film here, and seeing everything get set up...I didn't get to see the movie in theaters, so this was my first time watching it. As I said before, I really did enjoy it, but all in all I wish the ending had been different....Maybe Javier Bardems character should have had a shoot out with Tommy Lee Jones...instead of just killing him.....and I think it was pretty messed up of the wife to end up getting killed in the end, but I suppose it makes sense seeing as the killer was a mass murder. Again,the cinematography was great, the action was amazing...but I just really hated the ending.

3 comments:

  1. It's really interesting how everyone seems to be upset with the ending of the film. I can't say I disagree with you at all. By the end of the film, I think I was just so excited it was finally ending and I'd get to go to sleep soon! I think your post stood out to me because you are from Las Vegas and witnessed all of the shooting for the film as did I. I also agree with the fact that the ending should have been more exciting. I suppose in the terms of a "movie" things would usually go in such a manner but this film seemed to have a more realistic ending. Everyone dying, what's not to believe?! Maybe if the movie would continue we'd get to see the murderer finally get what's coming to him!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought the ending was interesting because it leaves you wanting more. You want for there to be a second one just to see what happened. But what more do you want to know then that the murderer gets away with everything and the old cop retired he wasn't about to try and get killed by that guy. So I think the ending was okay and yeah it leaves you asking for more but hey you gotta have something to keep you wondering especially for a movie like that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Both excellent comments, even if I agree with kjiron that the ending was great :-)

    Britt, try to keep your summary and opinion of the film separate. Otherwise, you come off as very biased. Also, what's with all those ellipses (...)?!

    ReplyDelete