Sunday, September 18, 2011

WP 2 Links and Some Extra Credit

Hey Class!

Here you'll find the link mentioned on your assignment sheet for Writing Project 2: Avast, Me Critics! Ye Kill the Fun: Critics and the Masses Disagree about Film Choices.

And below are links to the three 1986 film reviews the author mentions: Top Gun, Crocodile Dundee, and The Karate Kid Part II.

On a separate note, since I mentioned the alternate parody trailers for The Muppets, I thought I'd post them here for a fun game. Correctly name which films the four trailers are parodying in the comments for extra credit!

This first one's easy:


This one's a parody of sequel, so it's a little tougher. But even though I didn't like the original, I still recognized it:


This one's much more obscure, especially since it's a parody of an American remake of Swedish adaptation of a popular novel:


For the grand finale, this is the most difficult since only the beginning of the trailer is a parody, and unless you're very familiar with the parodied trailer, you'll need to recognize the music cues:


Now get to it! And no cheating!

Questions? Quibbles? Controversies?

3 comments:

  1. First movie trailer was The Green Lantern, very easy to tell. The second movie was easy to recognize as well in my opinion, even though no dialogue was exchanged. The second movie trailer was a parody of The Hangover 2. The third video was blocked due to copyright claims, so I couldn’t view it. The fourth one I had trouble with. All I could recognize was that it was the second time The Muppets have “re-united” and I spotted a cameo of Wall-E driving their car. That’s the best I could come up with.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wall-E? Hmm...

    Bummer about that third video. I'll see if I can't find a working one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. There definitely is an adorable and silent robot at 1:45.

    ReplyDelete