Tuesday, November 8, 2011

2001: A Space Odyssey


“2001: A Space Odyssey” is about the change of evolution due to a monolith being placed long ago.  A journey to the moon with humans, on the spaceship controlled by a computer system, HAL 9000 takes place, where the a monolith is discovered.  The discovery draws curiosity in the humans, urging them to set out to Jupiter.  HAL is programmed to communicate like humans and portray emotion, but eventually endangers the crew, attempting to take over.  Dr. Bowman tries to destroy HAL, and continue the “secret” mission.
I honestly don’t really even know how I feel about this movie.  First of all it was really weird, and HAL’s voice was way too creepy for me to handle!  I was sort of confused, and bored since it was a long movie.  Maybe I need to watch it a second time to really appreciate it, or understand it.

No comments:

Post a Comment